Friday, February 03, 2012

The Ducati GP12 Is Rideable


In spite of Valentino Rossi's lukewarm results at Sepang, he still seems to be very happy with the bike. Basically, it's still got some issues with acceleration and electronics, but the basics are there. According to Vale, "The riding position has improved a lot, and it’s better on braking and corner entry. I can brake like I want to and take the lines that I like, and I feel comfortable in general. I was able to ride well and not make mistakes, and there’s a reason for that. It means that the bike can be ridden. It’s more agile in change of direction, and it wheelies much less".

If he's happy and he views the remaining problems as just technicalities to be worked out, then it's possible he'll put in some good results at his favourite tracks like Mugello. Not to say the he'll be able to catch Stoner, but it appears he'll be visible in the background putting in some decent laps.

No comments:

Post a Comment